A guide to our window showroom
When it comes to buying double glazed windows, it’s natural to have lots of questions. We find that coming into our window showroom and being able to see the products in person, as well as being able to talk to our expert team, is the best way to end up with the right fit for your home. In this handy guide, we will walk you through everything you need to know.
What should you look for?
When you begin your search, make sure to bear in mind that there is a great deal of variation and a number of important considerations when picking the right window, which is why we are on hand to help! When homeowners come to our window showroom in Derby, it’s often surprising just how different each customer’s needs, tastes and overall requirements are. Trade Windows ethos is to provide you with as much useful and technical information as possible, allowing you to choose windows that will keep you warm, safe and last for many years to come.
Features to look out for in any window
Any window that you see on display in our window showroom will offer you the following features:
- Easy or low maintenance so you can keep your windows looking as good as new.
- A design that allows a good level of light into your home, brightening up your living space.
- A made to measure solution to fit perfectly in the space available.
- A design that complements the aesthetic of your home and lifestyle.
- Impressive energy efficiency, to help keep energy bills low.
- Excellent safety features to prevent unwanted intruders from breaking into your home, with Trade Secure
- Insurance backed guarantee – We offer this to give you peace of mind that our windows will keep your home safe and secure.
- No movement or rattling sounds in high winds.
- Draft exclusion to keep the heat in your home.
When looking at the products we have on offer in our window showroom, it helps to know that there are key considerations to factor into your decision making. These include the window design, the type of glass used and the material you want your window to be made from, as well as overall efficiency, and security features. At Trade Windows, you can select the right window for your home without compromising on any of these factors.
PVCu windows are showcased in our window showroom. These are highly durable and easy to maintain, offering an overall solution for your Derby home which performs well for years to come. PVCu will never rust, flake or rot and only needs a quick wipe down with soapy water and a cloth to keep them looking fresh. For this reason, they are an extremely popular choice for Derby homeowners because they offer great value for money.
Timber alternative windows
Check out our timber alternative windows, a perfect choice for homeowners looking for a window design that gives a traditional aesthetic with modern benefits of PVCu, including being virtually maintenance free and energy efficient. When choosing a timber alternative window, you have the choice of two styles, flush sash or slim sash which you can talk to our team about in our window showroom to see what the best fit for you would be.
Aluminium windows offer the potential for slim frames, allowing lots of natural light to flood your home. If you’re looking for a sleek and stylish window, aluminium is a great choice. It’s becoming an increasingly popular material, thanks to its modern style, versatility, easy maintenance, and super slim frames.
Questions to ask our team
Now we’ve covered the key components and considerations, you can think about your needs before you shortlist some products from our window showroom. Spending time thinking about the following questions before you come and chat to our helpful team will ensure that you are clear about your needs and how you want your new windows to work with your home and lifestyle. It also helps us give you the best possible advice!
- Consider the style – modern or traditional?
- Think about the material – PVCu or aluminium?
- Think about the colour scheme and whether you want a classic white, wooden or coloured finish
- Be clear on the importance of security for your windows and property. This will depend on the type of building, for example your garage or out building.
- How much maintenance are you willing to undertake?
- Are there any obligations on your house that will affect the type of window you can choose? For example, is it a listed building?
Pop into our Derby showroom to see all our product options on display at our window showroom. We’ve got the biggest home improvement room in Derby, full of inspiration for your property’s transformation project.